Step 1 – Create An On-line Preliminary Run Plan.
1. Log on to www.bakervegas.com and press the Runner Registration button.
2. Type in your Team # and your password.
3. Read and follow the instructions at the top of the web-page.
Fill in the form with your team name, Captain name and your preliminary run order.
STAGE 11 Runner Exception. Type in the runner’s first name instead of their initial. This is for the Pahrump welcoming committee announcer.
4. Be sure to press the Save Entries button at the bottom of the page or your data will not be recorded, and your current entries will be erased.
5. Press the Print This Page button to get a printed copy of your Preliminary Run Plan.
6. You may make changes to your on-line Preliminary Run plan as often as necessary up until the deadline, Monday of Race week at 1000 hours. At 1000 hours, your Preliminary Run Plan will be downloaded into the Race Computer and will become your Official Run Log.
7. You may browse the other team’s roster by omitting the password.
Step 2 – Team Captain Checkin.
All team captains shall check-in at the race briefing with their Team Release of Liability Form and their Preliminary Run Plan. They shall exchange their Preliminary Run Plan for their pre-printed Official Run Log.
Team Captain Changes To Runner Order Before The Race:
Before giving the Official Run Log to the Follow Vehicle Crew, make your last minute changes to the run order in the comfort of your own room. Use PENCIL to make changes to the Official Run Log following the procedures below. (See sample below)
Swapping Runners Legs: To rearrange running order, draw a line through the original runners name and PRINT the name of the new runner above the original runner’s name. Leave the Substitute Runners Column blank for field changes.
Follow Vehicle Observer Changes Made During race:
It is imperative that the Follow Vehicle Observer keeps an accurate log of who ran the leg. When you give the Official Run Log to your Follow Vehicle Crew, make sure they understand and follow the following procedures.
Alternate runners running for a no-show, or last second changes must get their WHITE bib from the Stage Officials. The Follow Vehicle Observer shall print the Alternates name in the Substitute Runner’s Column and print ALT in the leg # column.
Downed Runner: The replacing runner shall run with Yellow numbers. Do NOT remove the WHITE numbers from the downed runner! Print the name of the replacing runner in the Substitute Runner’s column and indicate a DR in the leg # column…
Finish Line: The Follow Vehicle Observer shall turn in the Official Run Log to the finish line officials within 15 minutes of their runner crossing the finish line.
Runner’s Time: Do NOT log runner’s time on the Official Run Log. If you desire leg times, then you will have to create your own procedures.